Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting Bigger...sniff, sniff...

That would be the sniffling of a mommy whose little girls are growing up too fast!

Ok, maybe I'm not actually crying about it, but if I were even a tiny bit more inclined to tears I might be. It's been a big week! We had intended to fly up to Qingdao to join Alex's parents (who were there teaching at an educational training) for a long weekend at the beach. Due to 'iffy' weather we decided not to go. Since we were hanging out at home without a ton of plans (if you really want to know, we had planned on going up on Wednesday and decided Tuesday not to go...talk about last minute!) I decided to pull out the 'baby potty' and a pack of skittles and see if Geneva was interested in potty training. I guess she was ready because she basically potty trained herself over the past two days. I even risked a trip out to dinner (just by the front gate of our apartment complex) without a diaper on her tonight! So proud of her! Here's her cute little self hiding her underpants (I was trying got get a photo of her in her little undies...guess she was feeling modest!)

I did manage to snap this cute little photo this evening, however. She really isn't that modest...yet.

And this morning Vera got to join Daddy for a Saturday morning at the office! A big treat for her. Here she is with her bag packed (stencils, stickers, a coloring book, etc.). She looks so grown up in this photo and did a great job of actually letting Daddy get some work done while she was there! I LOVE that Alex's office is a 5 minute bike ride from our apartment!

And finally (drum roll please), this evening, while playing 'cats and dogs' with her sisters in their room, Wendy lost her first tooth.
Apparently the cats and dogs were dragging blankets around in their mouths and when Wendy (pretending to be a cat) was pulling one of the blankets out from under something, it snagged her loose tooth and out it popped! It surprised her so much that she didn't know what to do...Vera was the one who came running out to announce it had fallen out! After a few minutes of searching and shaking out the blankets we found the tooth (whew) and it is sitting out on her shelf, ready for the tooth fairy to bring her some coins! Her one request was that the tooth fairy leave the tooth for her so that she can show it to her Mimi, Opa, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, etc. tomorrow morning on Skype.

Goodnight!

No comments: