Saturday, June 04, 2011

Epic Children's Day Performance

June 1st was International Children's Day, which is China is a big deal. This year was also Wendy's school's 20 year anniversary. So each class put on a performance for parents and there was a celebration type event yesterday. Having lived in China for a long time, we were somewhat prepared for the lengthiness of the program and the speeches by government officials. However, yesterday turned out to be a four hour event that rivaled even the best of children's dance recitals. Dry ice, Costumes, props...you know, the works. There was even a dance by some of the teacher's to Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' (I won't make you watch that one!).

I was thankful that Wendy's teacher chose a musical selection from the Nutcracker...she choreographed it nicely and all the kids in the class seemed to have equal stage time, which I'm sure all the parents appreciated!

If you are not related to Wendy Jane, feel no pressure to watch this entire 5 minute video. She is pretty cute, though! :)

No comments: