Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spring!

Spring has finally arrived in Shanghai...and in full force. I do believe we hit 80 F this afternoon! With spring's arrival it was time for me to pull my bike back out and get it fixed up for the next 7 to 8 months until it gets too cold to put the kids on the back!
This year we did some major overhaul on the bike. I really haven't had to do much since we bought it 5 years ago. So last week Alex and I took both our bikes to a bike shop nearby and had a few things replaced. The kickstand, a new bike basket (got rid of the massive grey one with a lid and went for a smaller, removable one), and bought a new bike seat for Geneva! Since she is the littlest, she gets to go around with me when the big girls are at school or other activities. The old bike seat got moved over to Alex's bike and we bought a front seat on his bike as well so he can fit both girls on the bike for the quick trip to school, etc.

Here is my bike mid-way through surgery...old kids bike seat successfully transplanted onto Alex's bike but dumpy, old front basket still on.


Geneva got her own bike helmet too!
Here she is very seriously considering whether or not to buy the elephant squeaky toy to put on her new bike seat. She did decide to buy it.

We then picked up the big girls from a Saturday morning activity and headed outside with a bucket of soapy water for some serious bike cleaning (they brought their bikes along too).


The dogs got a little wash as well...




We ended the day with a kids bike ride around the garden in our neighborhood.
I love this photo...

2 comments:

trilbyla said...

I love the older lady in the background watching with a smile. :) Geneva looks so much older -- I think it OS her longer hair.

The Flowers said...

That last picture is a GREAT picture! :) I love reading your blog and seeing pictures of all that you all are doing! This looks like it was fun for the girls and Spring definitely has been fun here too (maybe I'll eventually blog too!)! We miss you all SOOO much!!!