Today we read about God's promise to Abraham.
Scripture: Genesis 12:1-7; 15:1-6 “Look up at the sky and count the stars—if indeed you can count them.” Then he said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”
Our ornament: A dark sky with stars.


Our favorite Christmas Album around here is Andrew Peterson's 'Behold the Lamb'. The girls love one of his songs...called Matt's Begats. He takes the geneology written about in Matthew one and puts it to music. It is a passage that generally is skipped over when we read the Christmas story, but wow, what a statement of God's faithfulness to Abraham to read the long list of his descendants leading to Christ. God didn't tell Abraham when or how his offspring would bless the nations. But Abraham believed God and the nation of Israel was born through his son, Isaac and 2000 years ago God chose to send his son through the line of Abraham to save the world.
Here's Andrew Peterson singing Matt's Begats:
1 comment:
I love reading your blog and I love love LOVE the Jesse tree idea. I'm looking forward to Rosie enjoying this stuff some day when she's older.
oh... and I can't believe Geneva is walking already!!!
Rosie has just started standing but only when she's holding onto something.
Post a Comment