Sorry these got out of order! I wrote this, but then forgot to post it! Here it is. Days 18-19 will come later tonight!
Yes, the title of the post is day fifteen. We took yesterday off from our Jesse Tree project. I decided that we would only do 24 of the 25 days ( I don't imagine we will have much time to make an ornament on Christmas day) and the day 15 subject was Elijah and the prophets of Baal. Which is a fascinating and important story, but for my 3 and 5 year old I felt that of all 25 topics we are covering, this might be the easiest one to skip.
So today we picked back up with Isaiah. Together we read some of the prophecy of Christ's coming found in the Old Testament book of Isaiah. The girls then made scrolls to hang on the tree. On their scrolls they wrote a message similar to what God asked Isaiah to give to the people of Israel. Here are the girls' messages:
We then rolled the papers up and tied them with ribbon to hang on the tree.
This was a really fun and meaningful activity. Not as glitzy as some of our other ornaments, but the girls couldn't wait to show them off when they were done. I love that Wendy finished hers with 'I promise'.


1 comment:
Hey Jenny! We found your blog and love keeping up with your family!
have a great Christmas,
Emily
Post a Comment