Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Now that we've been back 6 weeks, here's what we've been up to.


School, school, and more school!  We returned on a Tuesday night about six weeks ago and Wednesday morning after an early morning jetlag wake up, it was right back to work for us getting ready for the Guang Qi Academy school year to begin.  We are VERY thankful to be starting our second year with the school...we've nearly doubled our student enrollment, and doubled our teaching staff, which has been a very great help.  Two of the new teachers came over from the US to be English teachers for our pre-K, K, and Grade 1 students.  A huge blessing for me because it means I only need to be teaching the Grade 2/3 students in the afternoons, for which Geneva and I are both thankful.  There are still a lot of stressful things with trying to still get legally registered with the education bureau (imagine bureaucracy in the US and then multiply it by 100!), however, the day in and day out issues of the school seem to be minimal so far.  Here are a few first week of school photos:

Wendy, ready to go!

Here she is with her classmates, Cassie and KeKe.  It's a small class, but super sweet.  I love teaching these girls!  I still help out with the Grade 1 students, doing reading as well as special projects, but most of my afternoons are spent with these sweet girls!


Vera, now in Kindergarten (Da Ban)!  I can't find the photo of her class.  It's a bigger group...she's the only non-chinese in the class, and she is doing great at learning Chinese characters already this year!

I don't have a photo of Geneva at school yet (she still comes in with me in the afternoons...but isn't officially in a class...she's kind of like my sidekick...a great benefit of a small parent-driven school), so I'll just include this one from a friend's birthday party.  The kids playland at the mall nearby just added a new animal to their little merry-go-round.  Geneva was, of course, thrilled.  Our little girl still LOVES elephants.  You can probably guess the theme she is already requesting for her 3rd birthday next month! 


No comments: