Saturday, December 04, 2010

Jesse Tree - Day Three

Well, it is December 3rd and we have successfully made another ornament for our 'Jesse Tree'! I am not disillusioned to the fact that we will probably not make one every single day...but I am hoping we will make an ornament on most days.
So today we read about the flood and made this ornament:

Genesis 6:11-22 and 7:17-8:3 and 9:8-17...I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh.'

The ornament: A Rainbow.
We made it from the same cardboard box from yesterday and strips of construction paper. I did most of the cutting and the girls did the gluing!

And every story whispers His name...(here is an excerpt from The Jesus Storybook Bible)

And the first thing God did was make another promise. "I won't ever destroy the world again." And like a warrior who puts away his bow and arrow at the end of a great battle,
God said "see I have hung up my bow in the clouds." And there in the clouds- just where the storm meets the sun- was a beautiful bow made of light. It was a new beginning in God's world. It wasn't long before everything went wrong again. But God wasn't surprised. He knew this would happen. That is why, before the beginning of time, he had another plan. A better plan. A plan not to destroy the world, but to rescue it. A plan to one day send his own son, the Rescuer. God's strong anger about hate and sadness and death would come down once more. But not on his people or his world. No, God's war-bow was not pointing down at his people, it was pointing up into the heart of heaven.

-------------------------------------------
Cute Geneva photo of the day!

Geneva isn't much for crafts yet so she entertained herself with the magazine our local animal shelter puts out. It is currently her favorite reading material! She seems to prefer the photos of cats to any other animal in the magazine...


I'll end here. It was a five-shirt day for me (meaning I am on my fifth shirt of the day. Lost the first one to bath time, second one to making cookies, another one to a bloody lip from a fall by one of the girls, and a fourth to a hot chocolate spill). So I'm feeling a little tired, but looking forward to my in-laws arrival tonight! It's going to really start feeling like Christmas with grandparents around and hopefully our tree tomorrow!

2 comments:

eva said...

love the jesse tree idea! and i love reading the jesus storybook bible - so beautiful. :)

Our Family said...

So Geneva is definitely a Swem- looking at those animal pics :)- maybe she can teach Addie- (poor girl growing up in an anti-pet household).

We miss you guys! Can't wait for you to come back here! (but enjoy Christmas)

The Bakers 4