Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holidays

It is looking like Christmas around our little house today! Vera and Geneva helped me get started with the decorating this morning while Wendy was at school. I brought our Christmas stockings with me from China, but that is about all I have in the way of personal Christmas decorations this year. However, my most amazing Mom went through her stuff and gave me an entire bag (big bag) of non-breakable Christmas decorations to use. Quilted and wooden things and the Little People Nativity Set (love that toy). The girls mostly they just watched and played with whatever was within their reach.
------------------------------------------------
I love the beginning of the Christmas season. I feel like for us it is a bit of a countdown for our return to China as we will be leaving in early January to head back, which already feels a little sad (still dislike good-byes after all these years!). But I am planning on making the most of our December here! Drinking Peppermint Mochas and listening to Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb are top on my list of things I want to do a lot this month!

Here are a few more photos from the past weekend. Still waiting on my brother's family photos, but these are pretty cute...

Geneva loved to watch Lucy eat! She is Lucy's little shadow when they are together and as long as Lucy was eating something she wanted it too! I love that these little cousins are so close in age.

Wendy Jane was able to help out a little this year in setting the Thanksgiving table. Mimi let her write the name cards!


This is my favorite. Yup, a five year old wrote this one. Despite the word order being a little off, Great-Grandma still knew exactly where to sit for dinner!

No comments: