It was my first real 'theme' birthday party. I was a little worried about having that many kids in our small apartment for the afternoon, but it was totally worth it. Wendy had such a great time and her friends did too. Alex was a big help, as he planned the treasure hunt.
Our little guests could choose to be pirates or pixies (or really whatever they wanted) upon their arrival. I bought some 8rmb (about $1.25) fairy wings and pirate hats online (taobao) for kids to choose when they came in. Alex designed this really cool treasure map for the kids:







I wish I was better at decorating cakes...but I'll be honest, in our tiny chinese kitchen with limited resources and even more limited time with three little ones, a fancy cake wasn't happening. My sweet Wendy was more than pleased, though, to find her Tinkerbell pollypocket on top of her cake!




The kids had to go step by step to get clues that would lead them to the treasure! There were a couple off limits places, like or kitchen and the balcony (the jungle where a tiger a.k.a. our dog lived). The kids were given the maps in bottles:
Here are our little Fairies...Wendy as Tinkerbell, Vera as Silvermist (Tinkerbell's water fairy friend) and Geneva as the cutest little fairy ever! No wings yet for her...fairies don't get those until they can sit up!

And a treasure hunt wouldn't be complete without Captain Hook!

Here Captain Hook has kidnapped Tinkerbell. At Step 1 the kids had to answer 3 questions from Captain Hook about Wendy and then she would be free and they could go to Step 2.
Step 4...Mermaid Lagoon! Waterballoon toss into the shower.
You can see the target...a little mermaid pollypocket.

And then the Treasure at Step 5 ... Pixie Hollow! They played Pass the Pixie (Hot Potato) and the last one standing got to pass out the treasure!
Now on to the cake!

And presents...
So now clean up is through and everyone is in bed. It is hard to believe my little Wendy is going to be 5 on Tuesday! Happy Birthday Wendy Jane!




4 comments:
So, I thought a "Little House on the Prairie" party was creative with a 2 month old. But, I held your party outside! This was amazing! So imaginative! And, you were able to post a blog afterwards! Did I say amazing?
Love to all!
You're so creative! I love it!!!
Wow, this is just awesome...too cool Jenny!
what fun! I need to read up on Tinkerbell :)
Julianna will be super impressed when she hears that WJ is almost 5!!! She's really impressed by 5 year olds :)
Post a Comment