Monday, March 29, 2010

Mommy and Geneva - post yard sale


The yard sale on Saturday was a success! I managed to sell off some stuff that we no longer need and I also sold a few Ring Slings that I recently made...that was really fun! Geneva spent the morning with me at the sale and as a treat I bought her these awesome hair bows...you can see one in the photo above. I love, love, love them! They are handmade by a lady who lives here in Shanghai and stay in her hair so well! Wendy and Vera each got a Disney Princess barbie-type doll that I bought for 5rmb (75cents)...they stayed home with Alex and did a nature walk. They created a small nature collection revolving around a lesson about flower buds or something...they were very proud of it!
Sorry no yard sale pictures. I forgot to take my camera! It was great, though. It was held in a hotel ballroom downtown and it was for new and used baby items. A local moms group called 'Peas and Pods' hosted it and the proceeds from table rental (for sellers) and entrance fee (for buyers) went to charity. There were maybe 50-75 tables set up and lots of people came to shop. It was really fun to talk to other moms there (chinese and expat) and Geneva was a great little model for my friend's and my babywearing stuff!
My favorite thing that happened at the sale, though, was at the very end. I had a little bouncy seat that Geneva no longer uses and I decided to sell it since it takes up a lot of storage space in our very small apartment. It hadn't sold and I was getting ready to pack up and head home. At the end some of the hotel staff came through to look at the items that were left at different tables. One of the cooks from the hotel kitchen (wearing his chef hat and everything!) was looking for some baby items for his not-yet-born baby. He liked the bouncy seat but said he could only pay about half of what I was asking for it but could throw in a free sandwich from the restaurant! So sweet! So I had a fabulous roast veggie and feta cheese sandwich (sandwiches are hard to come by in this rice-eating country) for lunch and was so happy the chef could use the bouncy seat. :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Awesome Jenny! G is such a sweeeeeet baby!