Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baozi Money


Last weekend Alex and I gave Wendy a few 'mao' (like pennies) for doing some helpful things around the house. She put them in a little wallet and asked what she could buy with that amount of money...it was 8 mao (around 10 cents). Alex came up with one thing...a baozi! For those who don't know, baozi is a small steamed bun with filling. Some have meat, some vegetable, and some very special places (like one baozi stand out the front gate) have ones with sweet cream. So Sunday afternoon we went for a walk out to spend Wendy's newly earned money! I took a few photos. It was really cute. Wendy was really proud of herself and even more excited when she found out the baozi only cost 6 mao...which meant 2 mao could go back in her wallet!

Here she is handing over the money...the sweet cream baozi is in that little plastic bag on the counter.
Geneva proudly watched her big sisters buy baozi from the comfort of her stroller!

1 comment:

The Flowers said...

How cute! So where was that baozi stand when I was there?!?! :) I'm still craving all the amazing food I ate with you... and nothing here satisfies the craving!