Today I am letting Vera help me blog. I'm going to let her tell you about all these recent pictures of herself!

Me: What are you doing in this picture?
Vera: Playing toys about cow cow (then laughter).
(Vera currently thinks it is hysterical to double the final word of a sentence)

Vera: That my hair and butterflies.
Me: Do you like it when mommy does your hair?
Vera: Yes.
Me: Really?
Vera: It's pretty.
(Hmmm...most mornings it takes me longer to get her to sit still than it actually takes me to do her hair...I wouldn't say it is highlight of her morning or anything yet)
Me: What are you doing in this picture?
Me: Can Baby Geneva crawl?
Vera: No, when she bigger she can crawl.
(With Wendy at preschool every morning, Vera and Geneva have been getting extra bonding time. Yesterday she went and woke Geneva up from her nap while I was in the kitchen. When I asked her why she did it she said she was lonely. Although sweet, we now have a BIG rule not to go in to look at Geneva when she is asleep!)
Me: What about in the picture?
Vera: I'm baobao-ing Baby Geneva.
(Vera loves holding (chinese word is 'baobao') her little sister. She would prefer to hold her and walk around the house with her...she says 'but I am a big kid! I can carry her!' To which I say 'but you are not an adult.' She usually accepts a minute on the sofa with Geneva and then wants to move on to something else!)
OK, this last photo is an addendum to the post prior to this. Here is the doll that is almost always in the baby swing. Vera got this doll (called Baby Alive) from a friend. It is the favorite doll right now because it drinks from a bottle then wets it's diaper. Although recently the girls are 'potty training' the doll and hold her over the toilet to go. Notice she is buckled up and everything... safety first!

2 comments:
Julianna hated our swing too. I couldn't figure out what her deal was, but the girl just was NOT HAPPY in the swing.
PS - Vera's hair looks AMAZING! Wowsers! Nice work Jenny :)
Vera, Mimi loves your blog. I like your braids and butterfly clips. You are a sweet big sister!
Post a Comment