For those of you who have known our family for awhile, you might remember that our first two children had trouble sleeping at night. Not just regular baby night wakings...I'm talking about 9 wake ups per night. Alex used to joke that our kids loved us so much they couldn't stand to sleep and miss out on us. Ha ha. We blamed Wendy's sleeplessness on colic, co-sleeping, etc. and Vera's on adoption related things like attachment, catching up on weight gain, etc... then we blamed it on the pacifier. We read lots and lots of books and articles on sleep. I think Wendy slept through the night around 22 months and Vera around 28 months.
So, as you can imagine, when baby number three came along, we were ready for the worst! God surprised us, though, and gave us the best little nighttime sleeper ever! She goes to sleep relatively early and usually only wakes up once in the night! Such a blessing!
Note: She's wrapped up in the most awesome baby gift ever (thanks Gloria and John!)...the SwaddleMe blanket.
1 comment:
Hi Jenny! My name is Kori and I teach with your mom! I have been immensly blessed by reaading through your blog. My husband and I are in the beginning stages of an Ethiopian adoption. We are amazed each day by the people He puts in our path who have paved the way to Ethiopia. I would love to chat with you! I have put our blog information below! Have a blessed day with your sweet family!
Blessings,
Kori
road2ethiopia.blogspot.com
Post a Comment