Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Streamlined Bum

On Wednesday night Alex and I decided we wanted to try to potty-train Vera. I'm not sure why we decided to do it, actually. I was waiting for my new stroller to be delivered, and since it is very difficult for me to go out without a stroller, I planned my schedule to be home for Thursday and Friday. So Thursday morning, bright and early, I got out two kinds of juice, coke (her favorite liquid treat), the baby potty, and my secret weapon...a 'Diego' DVD. Thursday went ok. A couple accidents, then a couple successes. The successes only came when we turned on Diego and asked her to sit for 20 minutes or more on the potty. Then when she went we made a huge deal out of it and she got coke, etc. We ended Thursday feeling like we weren't sure if she was getting it or not. Friday went much better, but still it would take a long period of time of sitting before she went. Today has been AWESOME. It is noon here and no accidents!! She goes when we ask her to, almost immediately, and gets so excited when she goes! So today she is showing off her new 'streamlined' bum....and it's cute! She had a couple pairs of pants that were getting a little tight, and now they are loose again. I'm so proud of her! Here's a photo of her in her 'big girl undies' which she loves! Just like "jie jie" (big sister).

No comments: