Tuesday, November 18, 2008
I love curly hair!
Since returning to the states I have been obsessed with my baby Vera's hair. Obsessed in a good way, I think. I've been talking to people, reading online, etc. about how to keep her cute little curls healthy and well, cute. Her hair is so different than mine! I'm learning, though, and want to help her have healthy hair her whole life. So I am trying some new stuff and trying to get into a better routine so that her hair doesn't dry out so much. My favorite stuff is all natural conditioners and moisturizers that I got at www.curls.biz. The moisturizers are called things like curl milkshake and curl custard...cute names. They smell really yummy too. Here is a photo of Vera's curls. Anyone who knows us knows that Vera's hair is almost always in pigtails...they are easy and keep her curls from getting tangled. I LOVE her curls loose, though!! I'm hoping as they get longer I'll be able to let her keep them out more. Wendy loves her hair 'long'...that's how she defines her hair 'not in pigtails' (i also usually put her hair in pigtails). So here are both my girls with their hair out of pigtails...enjoying some disney advertisement booklets...
The disney ads remind me of a funny thing that happened last week. Wendy keeps seeing this ad for "Barbie: A Christmas Carol". It's Barbie's new movie for the holidays. She has never seen a Barbie movie before and the closest thing to a barbie she has is a sleeping beauty doll she got for Christmas last year from a good friend. But being the very girly girl that she is, barbie ads are VERY attractive to her. So the other day she walked up to my dad, showed him the ad in that little booklet she is reading there in the photo and said "Opa, can you buy me this movie?" Two days later my dad bought her the video. She has learned how to work the system! :) She and her Opa are best buds! My dad, who usually restricts his cartoon watching to things like roadrunner, tom and jerry, and sometimes veggietales, actually watched part of it with her! Talk about a good grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment