Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Has it really been that long?

It appears that my last blog post happened 18 months ago...yikes!  And would you believe that I was posting about our new school?  Which we now refer to as the old school, by the way.  Since just last month we expanded into two campuses, and our family is now primarily working and learning at the new primary school campus.  Whew.  It seems like ages ago when I wrote that last post!  No guarantees here on how frequently I will be posting, but it feels like a good time to add some photos and info for family and friends who still might check-in from time to time here on the blog!

To say the move from one to two campuses was stressful would be an understatement.  No details here (perhaps another post?), but let us just say August was a rough month for Alex and myself.  Now that school is underway and we are now a K-6 primary school, I am feeling more at peace with the stress and utter life-consuming process growing a school from the ground up can be.  Life-consuming in a good way, of course, sort of like how life-consuming raising our children can be.  It is exciting , invigorating, full of joy, yet at the same time so very demanding of our time and energy.  

I also wanted to take this opportunity to post a few photos of our very lovely school campus.  We are blessed beyond measure to be renting this space from a man who shares our vision and faith (something we never even dreamed of), and blessed by how the Lord is carrying us through the process of adding so many new students and teachers this year.

The view from the building next door.  We are the ivy-covered building and on to the right there.


 There is a large courtyard behind it that we share....


The view from the courtyard looking at the back of the building...the cute wicker chairs belong to a cafe/restaurant in the hotel to the left of our school building...


 A bit closer from that side of the building...  we are currently just using part of the building...


Miss Geneva found a peacock feather....


...because there are several peacocks that live on the property that our building is on!



(and bats apparently since V came running up to us at school announcing she had been petting a baby bat that she found by a tree at recess.  Glad we keep her rabies vaccination up to date!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OH YEA!! I was just visiting your blog yesterday and wondering how you guys were doing.

JandJ said...

Hello; I found your blog while searching online for Guang Qi Academy. We’re looking for other school options for our son, who is currently in grade 1 in a local primary school. A woman I messaged on a forum on ShanghaiMamas, JulieW, mentioned her kids go to Guang Qi Academy, near the South Railway Station.Is this your school? I can't find any info about this school online and would REALLY appreciate any information or contact numbers to find out more. If you could send me a short email at jenniferjoelle (at) gmail.com I would be so grateful!