Thursday, April 08, 2010

Bananas!


Geneva has her first taste of food this week...bananas! She loved them and knew just what to do when the spoon came toward her mouth. I put a bib on her, but it didn't even get dirty. She was amazing! I guess she spends every meal watching the four of us put interesting looking food in our mouths and was ready. I was planning on waiting until 6 months to start anything. But yesterday the big girls were having bananas for a snack and I kind of had the urge to give it a try. She already has two little teeth poking through the gums and makes chewing faces whenever we eat...so she has been showing signs of readiness. I somehow managed to snap a few photos with my left hand while feeding with my right (multitasking at it's best).

Wendy and Vera were standing by to help!

Yum!

Checking it out...

And in it goes!
(you can see her hands reaching here...after the first bite she wanted to grab onto the spoon and shove it in her mouth every time I brought it close to her.)