Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Advertisement


We've had quite a bit of rain this spring, which means at least one to two afternoons a week we visit a play area at a nearby mall (the one in Vera's birthday post). It's a great play area and the girls can really get some energy out on indoor days. Next to the play area is a cute kids photo studio. I've been wanting to get the girls' photos taken and thought I would check it out and see how much it cost. Well, the price was a bit too high for me, so I left and went back to the play area. A few minutes later one of the photographers came out and asked if we would be interested in being in their mother's day advertisement (they wanted the uniqueness of a foreign baby in their ad). It would mean a quick 5 minute photo shoot of me and baby Geneva...and free copies of all the photos (digital copies). So the big girls played with some friends at the playplace and Geneva and I went and had some photos taken. It was fun and although some of the shots were a little cheesy for my taste (and I'm not sure I would have chosen pink for the backdrop), there were a few that I really liked!
It was kind of a funny experience and I signed a waiver form releasing the photos...the form was all in chinese and I only understood about 10% of it (legal forms in a first language are confusing enough!)...so hopefully the photos will only be used for advertising for their shop! Oh, and did I mention that Geneva slept through the entire photos shoot? What a sweet and cooperative baby!

3 comments:

The Scott family said...

Even if you wouldn't have chosen pink, that's a great photo! Geneva is so cute! Of course Wendy and Vera are precious too!

scs said...

how cool! you both look great. you may just spot that picture on a random billboard around town, ha ha! we miss you guys :)

Lynn said...

I love this photo!!!