Wendy Jane started pre-school this week! I wasn't sure what to expect of the week. She is my kid who cried whenever I left her from age 3 months to 3 years old. It was only last month that she would stay at Sunday School at church by herself! So it was with much anxiety on my part that I decided to give the local pre-school a try. Wendy has been asking to go to school, so I figured we would try it out.
The result has been AMAZING. No tears! Not just 'no tears', but she wakes up wanting to go to school and says 'bye' at her classroom with a smile. Here is our big girl on the first day of school:
The result has been AMAZING. No tears! Not just 'no tears', but she wakes up wanting to go to school and says 'bye' at her classroom with a smile. Here is our big girl on the first day of school:
When we pick her up, the first thing she likes to tell us is what she had for lunch that day. The school serves lunch in each classroom at 11:15 each morning. I didn't think Wendy would want to stay for it, but when I registered her, she said she did, so we decided to let her eat there for a few days and see if she still liked it. Well, she still likes it, and I love to hear her description of the lunch selection. Yesterday she said she ate "Purple Rice, Bumpy Chicken, and Dog Meat Sticks". Now although dog meat is eaten in china, it is looked down upon my many, and I know they would never serve it at a school. So Alex thinks the teacher said 'meat stick', which in chinese is 'rou chuan' and Wendy must have thought the teacher said 'dog stick', which in chinese is 'gou chuan'. They do sound very similar!
Wendy standing outside her classroom (more inside classroom photos next week!)
Vera was so sad when we left Wendy at school. She really wanted to stay and play with Wendy. So we went for a walk and found one of her favorite 'yao yao che' (riding toys...cost 1rmb, about 15 cents, for a 5 minute ride).
2 comments:
I just can't get over how big Wendy Jane looks...her smile is precious and just makes her look so big!
-Lynn
I was laughing out loud. That's a great story. So excited for you guys. I hope Grady likes chinese school that much.
Post a Comment